Wednesday 29 October 2014

Easy-Peasy-Spooky-Wooky Wednesday Addams Tutorial

Hellooooo,

So Halloween is in a couple of days and, like many of you lot, I am so flipping excited. Insanely. 

One hitch though - I'm not great at making myself look even spookier than what old Mother Nature has blessed me with. So, with that in mind, I was having a little think about what on earth I could do that was (a) easy, (b) cheap and (c) reasonably quick alongside being something that I liked.

Wednesday Addams is the poster girl for apathetic goths everywhere. She's cold, sarcastic, moody and oh so wonderful.

Luckily, I share the same hair colour, complexion (ish) and deep contempt for fun - it was only natural for me to try out a Wednesday look.

So if you too fancy looking like a moody little goth, using products you've probably already got in your kit (or just want to see me look ridiculous in an ultra cheap black wig) then read on!

Firstly

I went for Max Factor's CC cream in Fair and using a stippling brush, I applied this pale potion all over my chops (including over the eyelids and in all the contours of the eye)


I then went in with MUA's Matte Palette using a warm brown tone and drawing into the socket from just outside the tear duct, buffing to the bridge, up to just below the eyebrow and across the eyelid like so


Blending this out and repeating to achieve a sunken eye look. We gon' get creepy. I then look an unused lip brush (stop looking at me like that) and using the darkest brown from my eyeshadow palette, I lined my eyes - you don't need to be neat or tidy.


Buff these in towards the socket, you want to go up and in on the top and down and in on the bottom, to really accentuate the shadows around your eyes, you creepy thing.


And we're going to add some black kohl liner to the lid and just below and on the waterline - again it doesn't need to  be neat - and then using your ring fingers, blend it out. Then, taking a black eyeshadow, fill those brows in 

Popping on some mascara (Max Factor 2000 Calorie)...


I'm just going to preempt this by pointing out that I bought a really cheap wig and I'm crap at plaits. 
Grab your plaited wig...




Again, reach for the trusty kohl and drawing an inch long line in the centre of your hairline, use the end of the line as a little guide to form a triangle shape from the hairline down and then fill it in (mine is wonky due to mucking it up a bit)


It's up to you if you want to add some lip colour (a dap of light eyeshadow worked for me!) but a touch of balm works wonders. If you wanted to go for a Morticia look, same as above but add wings and a red lip alongside removing the little trianglely bit. 

Easy peasy. 

What're you doing for Hallowe'en?

Lots of bats,
Bitchy M. xx



















No comments:

Post a Comment